Monday, September 04, 2006

Foul-Mouthed, Homophobic And Misogynistic Messanger Of Love


An article in last Tuesday's Metro took up 3/4 of a page explaining how contoversial rapper, Eminem, is in fact a Buddhist.

A new book, Buddha Or Bust, by Perry Garfinkle (well I wouldn't give my real name) says that Buddha's wisdom is cryptically encoded in the lyrics of the rap star and the foul-mouthed, homophobic and misogynistic overtones are just a smokescreen.

Here's the arguments for:

"You better lose yourself in the music, the moment" - Lose Yourself

"But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength ... get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter" - Till I Collapse

"Now before you walk in the door of the liquor store and try to get the money out the drawer, you better think of the consequence" - Guilty Concience

"I'm a man, I'll make a new plan. Time for me to just stand up and travel new land" - 8 Mile

And the arguements against:
"I ain't trying to shoot you, I'm trying to chop you into pieces and eat you" - Hellbound*

"You don't know how sick you make me ... every time I think of you, I puke" - Puke**

"#£@$ I'll a kill you! You don't want to #£@$ with me, Girls leave." - Kill You***

* Buddhism does not condone violence
** Buddhism helps people overcome hatred
*** Buddhism teaches that all life is important

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:52 pm, Blogger Martin said...

I think that suggestion is frankly a bit laughable...

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger big dave said...

why do you think i posted it?!

 
At 10:11 pm, Blogger Martin said...

Yeah, I knew that was why you posted it :)

How's the dissertation coming along?

 
At 10:00 am, Blogger big dave said...

good, 9 days to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home